Anonymous browsing on Abeton websites
- Abeton does not gather any personal information or information related to any individual via cookies. The information collected is gathered using a cookie ID (a number of approx. 20 characters) plus a country ID. This means that Abeton will only be able to use statistical data that relates to groups of people, but will in no way be able to identify any individual or information or site activity related to any individual.
- Personal information is only gathered via forms on the site, in which the user actively enters information and sends this to Abeton. In this case, Abeton still respects and obeys the laws and regulations relating to gathering and storing personal information.
- You can choose not to allow cookies (read more in the section ”How to block and avoid cookies”). This way you remain completely anonymous to Abeton and the Google Analytics tool we use.
General definition of a cookie
- A cookie, also known as an HTTP cookie, web cookie, or browser cookie, is used for an origin website to send information to a user’s browser and for the browser to return the information to the origin site. The information can be used for authentication, identification of a user session, user’s preferences, or anything else that can be accomplished through storing text data on the user’s computer.
What is the gathered information used for?
- The cookie-collected information is used for helping Abeton understand its visitors and how they engage with the website. All information is anonymous, but the cookie tracks trends like the click stream of users.
- The user-supplied information, which requires the user to actively sign up, is used for sending requested information like product information, financial information, and job information.
Advertising and targeting cookies
- These cookies are used to deliver advertisements more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement and/or receive an email newsletter from Abeton, as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers’ email newsletter agencies. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
What information is gathered?
- Abeton A/S gathers two types of information from its webpages.
- The information gathered by cookies, and the information supplied by the users who fill out various forms for more information, sample orders, etc.
Protection of personal information
- Abeton ensures that all user specific information is stored in accordance with local and international laws and regulations.
- Click All cookies and site data to open the Cookies and Other Data dialog.
- To delete all cookies, click Remove all at the bottom of the dialog box. To delete a specific cookie, select the site that issued the cookie, then the cookie and click Remove.
Block cookies by default
- Block all cookies: Select “Block sites from setting any data”. Keep in mind that selecting this setting will prevent most sites that require you to sign in from working. You’ll see an icon in the address bar whenever a cookie has been blocked.
- Block only third-party cookies: Select “Ignore exceptions and block third-party cookies from being set” checkbox. Even if you’ve added a site to the “Exceptions List” and have chosen to allow its cookies, the site’s third-party cookies won’t be accepted if this checkbox is selected.